Read the true Story about
Odysseus, the Odyssey and the Iliad
The name Odysseus simply means Isse from Od
The legendary king Odysseus was born circa 1260 BC on the former island Od near Northern Seeland in Danmark – thence his name Odisse – in Greek Od-ysseus.
Od was an island until 1875.
He lives near the islands of Same and Samos – the nowadays twin island Samsø.
Upon his return after the war, he goes ashore near the spring of Arethusa – Tuse river in Od county.
Mount Parnasos (Od. 19-411) is the cliff Fornæs on Djursland.
He has sacked the German city Wismar – called Ismaros in the Odyssey. ......John Larsen
A storm drives him from Troy – that’s the city Bergen on the island of Rügen – to the Phaeakians on Östergarnsholm east of Gotland.
He was a customer at the goddess Circe’s brothel in the fortress Grianan Aileach on the island Aeaea – it is on the island of Éire (Ireland).
– The fortified city of Mycenae lies in Hareskov, Northern Seeland in Danmark where there are found several kilometers of stone-lined earthwork ramparts.
– Troy is the city of Bergen on Rügen in Northern Germany
– Circe’s Palace is located in Derry, Northern Ireland
– Calypso’s cave lies on the Faroe Islands
– Skylla and Charybdis is a maelstrom near Bodø in Northern Norway
– The Trojan horse is the same as Odin's eight-legged horse Sleipnir
In this way, all the pieces of the puzzle fall into place.
See the entire Iliad on rock carvings in Fossum in Tanumshede
You see from left: – fair-haired Helen, goddess among women (Od.4-304)
– Diomedes and the god Ares with wings – his wings are footprints in size 41
– The great Achilles (Egil) who will get a killing arrow in his heel - his Achilles heel.
– Hector with his long lance against the Danaans’ dogs which eat corpses.
– Bottom Odysseus, Diomedes hit by an arrow in the right foot (Il.11-377) – and Aias
-- Middle three wounded warriors – The kings, each one leaning on a spear (Il.14-37)
– They are Odysseus, Diomedes and the commander Agamemnon (Il.14-28)
Info page: 37 Documents and Links